January 14, 2018

Dressing up the Bump

Congratulations on the pregnancy! One of the exciting things about pregnancy is dressing up the bump. Since this was my first pregnancy, I didn't have maternity clothes and I didn't want to spend too much on it. Luckily, my bump didn't get too big and I was still able to use the garments that I already had. When your bump starts to grow, you would find yourself worrying about what to wear. Your hormones also plays a huge part when it comes to dressing up. Take it from me, I was too lazy to get ready almost everyday and would find myself wearing the same boring clothes. So, I put together a few outfits to help my fellow mommies out there.



First Trimester
If you are one of those girls who live in shirts and shorts then we are on the same page, darling. Pregnant or not, you would almost always find me in a shirt and shorts. So during my first trimester, I basically just continued wearing my usuals.

Some couples would choose to keep the pregnancy a secret 'til the second semester. If you are one of them (or not), I curated a few outfits to help you hide the bump. 

If you're bump is still pretty small, you can probably pull off a Button-up Shirt paired with shorts with a garterized band. If you're thinking of buying regular clothes (non-maternity) to wear during your pregnancy, you would want to buy clothes that has buttons down the front. You would want to get the most of the clothes that you buy, and button-up shirts are (also) perfect for breastfeeding. As for shift dresses, I've loved them before but I found a deeper appreciation for them when I got pregnant. It's just so easy to wear and there are a lot of styles out in the market.


Second Trimester
Now that you're past the queasiness and hopefully have a lot of energy, you can now spend more time getting ready and preparing for the day ahead. This is the part when your bump starts to show. Loose tops, peasant blouses and again, shift dresses would be your best friend at this stage. 
During my pregnancy, I only bought one maternity garment. I invested in Maternity Pants since I didn't want to squish the little one inside me. But the thing is, I didn't really wear it much, well, not 'til my third trimester. If you still want to wear shorts but don't want to buy those maternity shorts that you will never use 'til you get pregnant again, just look for bottoms that has a garterized band. Trust me, they work wonders. 


Third Trimester
You're near the end of your pregnancy and almost at the beginning of another adventure. Since you're now on your third trimester, you're most likely to have mastered the art of dressing the bump. But we still have our days, there are times when you would feel really huge and uncomfortable, so let me help you out...

For the last part of my pregnancy, I leaned towards kimonos, light cardigans and button-up shirts. It's just so easy to put-together. Just wear a tank top and throw on a cardigan or kimono over it and you're good to go. And if you're really not in the mood to dress up, just wear a plain tee and shorts and pair it with a cool pair of sandals or sneakers. 



These are just tips. You can still wear whatever you want. Go ahead and wear that figure-hugging dress that you like. Love to wear heels? Just make sure you don't trip and fall, cause that will definitely do some damage to you and the baby. Remember to use the bump to your advantage. It's the best accessory to have, and trust me, you'll miss it when it's gone. 


Photo sets: Polyvore | OOTD Inspirations were grabbed from Pinterest and edited by Jac


3 comments:

  1. When I was pregnant i found myself in the same dilemma. Wanting to be cute but not wanting to pay for maternity clothing prices. I tell myself next time I will do better but we will see :) Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s so difficult to be cute and fluffy at the same time, but I think every pregnant woman is beautiful! Anyway, thanks, Tamarra! ❤️

      Delete