January 11, 2018

My Pregnancy Journey: Third Trimester

Where did the time go? You’re on your last part of your pregnancy. Yey! Are you ready to welcome your little one into your home? This is the exciting part, but it can also make you feel anxious. Yes, you have a due date, but when is the baby really gonna come out? Caleb decided to come out 6 days before my due date. Anyway, just hold on a little bit more cause you’re almost there!


Let’s talk about the obvious changes first. The bump is really obvious now. It doesn’t look awkward, it’s clear for the world to see that you are pregnant and not just full. I didn’t get any stretch marks but my “Linea Negra” or Pregnancy Line couldn’t get any darker. It’s like someone took a marker and drew a line down my belly. I experienced a lot of contractions too. I’m not sure if it was Braxton Hicks or maybe I abused my body by working and walking too much and it was my baby’s way of telling me to slow down.

Another thing, do you suddenly feel the urge to tidy and organize the house? Don’t worry, that’s perfectly normal cause you’re “Nesting”. It’s like your motherly instincts are kicking in and you just want to make your baby’s room really homey and cosy for when your little one arrives. Setting up the crib, folding and organizing your baby’s clothes to repainting the whole room, there are different ways of how a woman will “nest”. Nesting is safe for pregnant women, just make sure you take a few breaks and don’t push yourself too much. No heavy-liftings and don’t squish the baby.

Here's one of the things I did for my Little One's room.

Also, here are a few suggestions that you can use in your nursery:



Your baby is growing, so you may have noticed that his movements have changed. Caleb was a very active baby. Every night, he would always do a kickboxing sesh and I actually enjoyed it. In a way, it made me feel serene. This is also the perfect time to get a 3D or 4D Ultrasound cause your babies’ features are developed. I had mine a little bit too late. I was too occupied with work that I actually forgot to get it done. I had mine done at In My Womb - SM Megamall Branch. Will talk more about this on a different post cause I have a lot to share.


My doctor advised me to maintain my weight during this part of my pregnancy. The baby is gaining enough weight and his size is enough for his age. She didn’t want me or the baby to get any bigger, for it might cause complications during the birthing process. So, I just consumed the right amount of food, just enough to keep me and my baby going. In other words, I drowned myself in Jollibee’s Spaghetti cause that’s all I wanted to eat. 😂


Dressing up is getting more and more difficult everyday. "I have nothing to wear"  and "Nothing fits" is so overused that you just learn to accept the fact that you have to live in loose tops and shirt dresses. That was basically me during my third trimester. I didn't want to spend too much on maternity clothes since I won't be using them after the bump is gone and the baby is out. What I did was, I bought clothes that would still fit me after and some that I can use for breastfeeding. It's important for the clothes to pass the boob-accessibility test, cause a hungry baby is a noisy baby. For more style tips and outfit inspiration check out my post about Dressing up the Bump. 



Pack your hospital bag - since you don’t know when the baby is coming, it’s better to be ready. Will do a more detailed post about what you’ll really need for when you give birth. Cause I over-packed and never really got to use most of what I brought. 

Do some stretches or go on long walks - this will prepare your body for the delivery of your baby. Walking increases flexibility and it may also help you have a shorter and easier labor. 

Sleep - you can never take lost time back. So while the baby is still inside your belly, get some sleep.



6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It's almost there ♥ So cute pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful picture of your belly! Good luck with your final trimester!! It will totally fly by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave birth last august, this is a major throwback story. Hahaha. Thanks tho, Rachel.

      Delete
  3. Great post! 👍🏽 such important information and cute picture too!

    ReplyDelete