January 18, 2018

Breastfeeding Fashion

Once again, Congratulations! Your little one has arrived! I know that there are a lot of things that you need to adjust to, especially if you're a first time mom like me. One of grandest thing that you would have to adjust to is breastfeeding. Breastfeeding is important because it provides all the ideal nutrients that your little one needs. It is also the perfect time to bond with your baby. But it gets pretty crazy and challenging. Getting tangled up in your clothes and suffocating your little one, these are just a few examples of the things you would want to avoid whilst breastfeeding. So here are a few tips to stay stylish and to help you make feeding time a fun time. 



As I’ve said in my Dressing up the Bump post, button-ups are going to be your best friend. There are a lot of button-up blouses and dresses out in the market. Zips and Wraps work great too. I, myself love wearing my Wrap Playsuits. 



Milk spillage is really unavoidable. Whether you like it or not, it will happen. And the perfect way to hide those is by wearing patterned articles of clothing. If you are not a fan of loud prints, you can just wear a printed scarf over your shirt. 



If you want to really have easy access, off the shoulder tops and dresses are the best option. You just have to invest in a good bra and you’re good to go. Just pull the dress or top, down. You can also use a nursing cover if you want to keep things a little private. 


There are a lot of different neckline styles, but based from my observations, you would always find breastfeeding moms wearing a v-neck or a sweetheart neckline. Again, they’re easier to access and comfortable to wear too. 

Mom life gets pretty hectic. There will come a time when you wouldn’t even have time to get ready. Layering a nursing tank with a kimono like this one, a cardigan like this or even a jacket like this, will do the trick. You can also opt to wear your nursing tank under your pre-pregnancy tops. 


Nursing Bra - this is probably the most essential thing you'll need. You have to make sure that the nursing bra that you'll get gives proper support and is easy to access. Buying a nursing bra can be pretty tricky especially when it comes to getting the right fit. Based from what I've read, the right time to get fitted for it is when you're at the last month of your pregnancy. 

Nursing Pads - you wouldn't want to see two wet circles on your shirt, right? In the first few weeks of my breastfeeding journey, nursing pads were my best buddies. Believe it or not, leaky boobs are a thing and it's perfectly normal. So, to avoid getting my shirt wet, I just put pads inside my nursing bra to catch all the excess milk. You can choose between disposable and washable pads. But I prefer to use the washable ones, particularly this one.


Nursing Tank - best for layering. You can also wear it on its own. I prefer to wear mine with a kimono or cardigan, cause I the can double as a nursing cover too. 

Nursing Cover - I do believe that we shouldn't feel the need to cover up whilst feeding our babies. But if you choose to keep things in private, a nursing cover is going to be your best friend. There are different kinds of covers out in the market, just choose the one that would best fit you and your baby.


Snacks - I know this isn't an article of clothing. But I just wanted to put this here to remind my fellow mommies to stock up on snacks. Ever since I started breastfeeding, I always find myself hungry and wanting to munch on anything. That's why I always make sure that I have a snack with me wherever I go. 

Shop more Maternity and Baby items here.


No comments:

Post a Comment